Get in touch with us now

What is Unoccupied Home Insurance?

Unoccupied home insurance provides cover for all types of empty property that are left unoccupied for more than 30 days. We can offer 3, 6 and 12-month policies for a variety of circumstances and include insurance coverage for your contents. 

When should you consider unoccupied home insurance?

  • You are selling your home
  • Your property is undergoing renovation
  • It is a Holiday Home or Second Home and you will visit on rare occasions
  • It is a let property and their is a gap in tenancy
  • You are inheriting the home and it is going through probate
  • You are going on that dream holiday and there’s no one available to reside at your property
  • Substantial gap between exchange and completion of house selling contracts

  • Bespoke short term policies with the option for 3, 6 and 12-month policies (although 12 month is post popular)
  • Up to £10,000 of general contents included at no extra cost
  • Up to £1,000,000 of buildings cover included as standard with some of our products
  • Property Owners Liability of up to £2,000,0000 as standard
  • Choose from three levels of cover from F.L.E.A Only to Full Perils

Get a quote now

Your name*


Why do you need unoccupied home insurance?

An empty home is at higher risk of theft, vandalism and water damage due to burst pipes. A standard insurer will, therefore, restrict cover when a home is unoccupied for more than 30 days a year. That is why you need an unoccupied policy which can provide flexible terms with specialist levels of cover.