Get in touch with us now

What is High Value Home Insurance?

High-value home insurance is a type of property insurance that provides coverage for homes worth more than the average policy limit. It is designed to protect homeowners against losses that could potentially exceed the limits of a standard homeowners policy.

Stanhope’s High Value Home Insurance is for property owners who require more than the standard, “one size fits all” insurance policy. Our bespoke high value home and content insurance can cover your property and valuables, giving you complete peace of mind. Safeguarding your home is essential.

Do you qualify for High Value Home Insurance? From experience, if your home’s market value is greater than £1,500,000, and your contents amount to at least £150,000, you should consider a more bespoke insurance solution. You can also use a high-volume home insurance policy to insure individual items or collections of valuables, jewellery, artwork, or antiques.

Why choose Stanhope for your high value home and home contents insurance?

Stanhope is part of Stanhope Cooper, an award-winning, family-run business. Stanhope is a leading provider of niche and specialist insurance to the UK home insurance market, voted as High Net Worth Insurance Broker of the Year 2018 at the UK Broker Awards (Insurance Age). We focus on providing solutions that fall outside the standard UK home insurance norms, including high value home and home contents insurance. 

We provide customers with a high-quality home insurance solution for their unique needs. Our 4.9-star expert team is dedicated to providing exceptional levels of customer service and want all our customers to know that they have the right high value home and contents insurance policy in place at the right price, for their specific set of circumstances. Find out more how we price our high value home insurance products on our pricing guide.

Our high value home and contents policies can include:

  • No upper limit for buildings and home contents insurance.
  • Multiple UK-based homes on the same high-value home and contents insurance policy.
  • Worldwide, all risks cover your home’s contents and valuables, including high-value items, jewellery, and art.
  • Accidental damage & loss cover for buildings and contents as standard.
  • Replacement or cash settlement for valuable items.
  • Home Emergency Cover up to £2,000 with VAT for urgent property maintenance issues requiring immediate action.
  • Up to £150,000 of Legal Expenses.
  • Identity theft & Cyber cover up to £100,000.
  • Kidnap & ransom, carjacking and family protection cover of up to £50,000.
  • Cover for children’s possessions at university.
  • Warranty-Free options. IE If you forget to shut your window, lock your door or set the alarm, you will still be insured.
  • Higher Limits—You only have to specify high-value home contents items such as jewellery exceeding £15,000 in value and artworks or antiques exceeding £50,000.
  • Claims service included. As your broker, we will negotiate any claim on your behalf with the insurance company.
  • Buildings Surveys are Included. For most new business products, our trusted high-value home insurance products will include a survey, at their expense.
  • Interest-free 0% direct debit automated payments. Or pay using your Amex!
  • Client portal and app – all your insurance documents in one place.

Stanhope’s insurance brokers can make finding the right product easy for you by using our expert industry knowledge to advise you on the most suitable insurance provider for your high-value property and contents. 

We have access to the leading home insurance products in the UK that are usually unavailable directly with an insurance company, allowing you to keep your high value home insurance costs down. At Stanhope, we know the history and philosophy of each of our trusted insurance partners, and therefore, we know which insurers are the most suitable for your property.

Above all else, we focus on their longevity, price consistency, and insurer’s claims service to give you complete peace of mind when insuring your home.

Get a quote now

Your name(Required)


High-Value Home and Contents Insurance FAQs

How much will it cost to insure my high-value home?

Visiting a high-value home broker is like visiting a tailor for a quality suit; they will design a product cut to fit. As a result, a high-value broker specifically asks certain questions the general market does not ask to understand the narrative of the risk (aka the moral hazard), which allows them to negotiate more favourable rates. Read our high-value home cost calculator for more information.

Will my home’s contents and valuables be covered outside of my home?

Yes. As standard, all of your general contents and valuables will be covered in your home, away from your home, and worldwide (usually up to 60 days in any one trip with unlimited trips per policy period).

Do I qualify for high-value home insurance?

We’ve put together four simple questions to help you with this:

  1. Will it cost you more than £1,500,000 to rebuild your property? (Read our guide to rebuild value vs market value)
  2. Will it cost you more than £150,000 to replace all of the general contents in your home?
  3. Is the total value of your jewellery, watches, artwork and other collectables more than £50,000?
  4. Are you paying more than £2,000 per annum for your home insurance?

If the answer is yes to all four, then absolutely. Read more in our article on qualifying for high-value home insurance.

Can you value my home?

Stanhope Insurance doesn’t provide home valuation services; however, our trusted partners at Rebuild Cost Assessment can assess the worth of your house and contents.

What is the difference between general contents and valuables?

General contents refer to any day-to-day item, such as clothing, bedding, homeware, computers, TVs, furniture and so on.

Valuables are any items of monetary or sentimental value, including jewellery, watches, artwork, paintings, and other gold, silver, or coin collections.

Is accidental damage included as standard?

Yes. High-value home insurance policies are ‘All-Risk’ policies, meaning that all items are covered for all risks (excluding items noted in the exclusion section of a policy). All-risk policies extend to include accidental damage and loss.

Is Travel Insurance included in a High-Value Home Insurance policy?

Some High-Value Home insurance policies offer travel insurance as standard, some can add it on to the policy for an additional premium and others do not offer it all – all depends on your bespoke insurance needs. Get in touch with our experienced insurance advisors to receive a personalised quote.

Can I add more than one property to a High-Value Home Insurance policy?

Yes. Get in touch with our team to amend your existing policy.

I don’t know what the rebuild value of my home is, is this a problem?

Most High-Value Home insurance policies are ‘sums insured’ policies, which means these products provide the exact sums insured cover as requested by the client. As a result, the premium is principally driven by the amount of cover required (the sums insured to rebuild the property as brand new). The rebuild value must include debris removal, professional fees, and VAT. A broker or an insurer cannot tell you what rebuild value you need to insure the property for. 
The good news is that most High-Value Home insurance policies offer a building appraisal free of charge! Additionally, Stanhope Insurance works with trusted partners at Rebuild Cost Assessment, who can appraise the rebuild at a discounted rate exclusively for Stanhope customers.

What is high-value home insurance also known as?

There are many names for high-value home insurance, namely:

  1. Prestige home insurance
  2. Luxury home insurance
  3. High-net-worth home insurance
  4. High-end home insurance
  5. Executive home insurance
  6. Premium home insurance
  7. High-value property insurance
  8. Bespoke home insurance
  9. Specialist home insurance
  10. Valuable home insurance
  11. Fine home insurance
  12. Executive residence insurance
  13. High-value dwelling insurance
  14. Mansion insurance
  15. Estate insurance